Friday, January 22, 2010

First 2 Days

Wow, there is so much to say! The first think I noticed about Sweden is that there are sooo many trees, and they are big and grown. It's beautiful! Right now there is tons of snow everywhere and it kept snowing for the first 3 days I've been here. It's cold! I arrived on Sunday and took a 3 hour bus ride from Arlanda Airport to Orebro Central Station. At the station I met three other exchange students from China and we found the bus to the university together. THAT was when I realized that I have WAYY too much baggage hahaha. Leave it to the American to bring too much stuff! The snow and dirt got into my luggage wheels and so I was basically just dragging them. At least I got a little exercise :). After check in, we were driven to our apartment in Brickebacken. It is a neighborhood right near the University. When I got there I met one of my roommates (she is from Holland, and the other is from Germany) and saw that I have a huge and amazing room! The housing here is so much nicer, bigger, and cheaper than at my university at home! I will put up some pictures as soon as I clean up my room and have a chance to take some. That night we went to watch Garden State at the student pub COREn. Luckily it was in english :) and I was told that movies are generally shown in english if they were made in english and then they have Swedish subtitles. That will be nice for me! After the movie, my roommates and I rode the bus back to Brickebacken and some people invited us to their flat for a small party. I'm glad we did, because it made it much more comfortable here after I met some more people. I instantly missed my family and friends when I got here. I don't think that feeling will go away, but at least now I have some friends here to distract me!

I have to go get ready for a meeting with my exchange group (called Fadder group), so I'll write more about the rest of the week later!

No comments:

Post a Comment