Sunday, May 23, 2010

To the Ones I Love

I've never been away from my family for more than a week and now I've been away from my family for 5 months. I feel that I've learned a lot about myself in that time, and some of it I may have never known if I was at home, but mostly I've learned that I want to share everything with my family. I miss telling my Mom about my day when I come home from school or work, and talking about my newest plans, and even arguing about politics with her. I miss taking my brother to movies and to play disc golf. I miss sitting at the couch, watching TV and eating dinner at the same time with them. I will try not to take it for granted again. I wish I could see my sister and her new beautiful little daughter today.

Something about being here has really made me realize how short life is. I was thinking about my plans after college. Graduation will be here before I know it. Then I will look for a job, find one (quickly, hopefully) and then 5 years will be gone. Maybe then I will be starting a family. My 10 year highschool reunion invitation will come. etc, etc. I know I'm still young, but I think I understand how brief this life is going to seem when it's nearly over. I want to make sure that it's the best it can be.
I wish my family was here, especially my Mom. I think she would love every minute of it. I keep thinking of what her reactions would be. Amsterdam would take her breath away. It is so beautiful. Sometimes I feel guilty for coming here without them...it seems so wrong that I can tour Europe when my parents haven't been able to. I wouldn't be here without my Mom's and my Dad's and my sister's and my brother's support. If we can't get in touch, and they read this, I want them to know that I owe them everything and I miss them and love them so much!

Anyway, I guess I'm rambling now. I have one exam next Monday where I will demonstrate how to set a semi formal table in Swedish. That should be fun... haha. Then we will have fika for our final class and then a few days later, our final written exam. As for my lab work, I'm finished taking samples, I just have to collect data for alkalinity and finish writing my paper and make a presentation. I'm soooooooooo dreading the presentation...  I really need to study more, but it's been perfect weather for a few days and spending the day studying seems like a waste. Instead, I've taken many bike rides and planned for my Europe trip, which leads to more plans and so now I'm thoroughly distracted. Hmmm, I guess I should stop blogging and start studying, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment