Friday, March 12, 2010

Month of Marathons

So, it's been quite a while since I last wrote again. I have to say, it's been a dull month for blogging. I've been working on my project a lot. Every other day has seen me in the library for hours but I think I've finally gotten it to a point where it will be easier. My professor and the doctorate student I'm working with are so helpful and nice. I think that I'm learning a lot more than I ever could at home, although it's been tough. I don't think I would recommend to anyone to do a research project like this while studying abroad just because you will want to do so many other things instead of it. My first Swedish language course is ending in 2 weeks, so now I'm trying to study for that as well. It should be fairly easy though, as long as I really study today.
The rest of my time this month has been spent doing one of three things: running, watching t.v. on my computer, and going to parties. I finally ran 5.5 km without stopping or walking! I'm really proud of myself for that because I've never been able to go that far at once. It seems easier to run here for some reason - maybe the air or the altitude, Idk... Anyway I want to be able to run 10 km before I leave Sweden. That would be awesome. When I'm trying to procrastinate.... I've been watching How I Met Your Mother, the best show in the world (it's funny because my dutch friend convinced me to watch it and now I'm hooked!); also Lost, and before that I was watching Dexter. Haha, it's a nice way to spend a day in the warm apartment. Now about the parties... they havn't slowed down one bit since the beginning of the semester. Without a doubt, each week there is a Tybble themed party on Tuesday, a night at the club Strömpis on Wednesday, a party and/or club night on Friday, and another on Saturday. I never go to clubs at home, but I have to say that it's pretty fun. Also, I love the Tybble parties because they're themed and so everyone dresses up. The latest one was a 90's pajama party and before that was Disco. The next one is I think a "Anything but clothes" theme which means you have to construct a costume out of whatever you want. I think when I come home, I'll start throwing some parties like that!!
Tonight is a birthday party for two other exchange students, and then in the morning I am going to IRELAND! I'm SOOO excited! I'll be there for a week with 6 others. It's going to be amazing. I'll post again when I get back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment